Psychological Services Unit
The Psychological Services Unit, established in 1988, stems from a tested model linking service with training and is the first of its kind in Hong Kong. The Unit provides an array of specialised services within the discipline of psychology, targeted towards Hong Kong's population and organisations.
The Unit functions both as a training facility and a service organisation; as such, the services are mianly rendered by postgraduate trainees in clinical psychology and in educational psychology, under the direct supervision of teaching staff who are experienced practitioners.
Areass of Service
- Psychological testing and assessment
- Clinical and educational psychological services
- Research and development
- Community education
- Group programmes
- Direct services: children, adolescents, adults and the elderly who are experiencing emotional, mental, learning or behavioural difficulties.
- Indirect or consultative services: public, private and voluntary agencies, such as schools, businesses and charitable organisations.
Upon registration, the applicant will receive a mail of confirmation and later be arranged a face-to-face intake interview. Following the intake interview, the applicant will be advised the time required for a detailed assessment, and afterwards the follow-up plan as well as an estimate of its approximate duration.
Prof. Tatia M.C. Lee
Dr. Calais Chan
Dr. Christian Chan
Dr. Hai Yen Huang
Dr. Frendi W.S. Li
Dr. Shirley X. Li
Dr. Barbara C.Y. Lo
Mr. Richard Ng
Dr. Ephraem Tsui
Prof. Connie S.H. Ho
Prof. Shui-fong Lam
Dr. Winnie Wai Lan Chan
Dr. Ching-king Chan
Dr. Mathew H.T. Chu
Dr. Irene T.F. Ho
Dr. Kathy Kar-man Shum
Ms. Alice Keung
Dr. Cecilia Lam
Dr. Kathy Wong
Direct services by trainees in clinical/educational psychology:
- The first intake interview: Fixed rate of $200
- Further interview and treatment: Fixed hourly rate of $350
- Assessments : according to the types of assessments, range from $2000 and up.
Consultation and services by staff members
Fees to be arranged independently with the staff member concerned.
Enquiries and Registration
For further information or registration, please call 3917-2387 during office hours.
Department of Psychology
6/F, The Jockey Club Tower
The University of Hong Kong